2022 Elway's Reserve ChardonnayRegular price $36.00
Tasting Notes: The cool and foggy Carneros region is known for producing grapes with a natural balance of acidity and ripeness. The fruit was hand-picked in the dead of night to ensure it reached the winery in pristine condition. The grapes are sourced from a single vineyard in the beautiful Sonoma Carneros acreage known as Hi Vista Vineyard. This medium-bodied wine is fermented in 33% new American oak (9 months, sur-lie). The wine’s bouquet is complex with citrus, tropical fruit, minerality and warm spice. On the palate are delightful notes of apple, hazelnut, honeysuckle, and quince with hints of brioche, vanilla, and bright fruit with a long finish.
- Wine Composition: 100% Chardonnay
- Appellation: Carneros
- Vineyard Designation: Hi Vista Vineyard
- Production: 1250 cases
- Release Date: 8/2023
- Acidity: Partial Malolactic Fermentation
- Alc %: 13.6
- Vinification: American oak for 9 months, sur-lie (33% New)
- Winemaker: Rob Mondavi Jr
- Food Pairings: Rich, creamy dishes, meaty fish like halibut, cod or scallops. Pork chops, kale salad with toasted pine nuts and chicken and peach pie.
91 POINTS - WINE & SPIRITS, BEST BUY (vintage 2019)
“A rich, smooth white with significant oak influence, while subtle anise and lemon scents keep it tight and focused.” — Joshua Greene, Wine & Spirits Magazine.