2018 Elway's Reserve Cabernet SauvignonRegular price $65.00
Tasting Notes: This wine is sourced principally from the Bennett Lane Vineyard in Calistoga. The Bennett Lane vineyard is certified Green/Fish Friendly Farming by the California Land Stewardship Institute. Our Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon displays black fruit aromas with hints of brown sugar, toffee, and savory spice. This medium to full-bodied wine showcases a rich mélange of blackberry, blackcurrant, and licorice, beautifully integrated with new french oak to create a smooth, well-balanced finish.
- Wine Composition: 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Petite Sirah, 1% Petite Verdot
- Appellation: Napa Valley
- Sub-Appellations: Calistoga And Oak Knoll
- Vineyard Designation: Bennett Lane, Raquel, and Hunter Ranch
- Production: 1,000
- Release Date: 6/2020
- Alc %: 14.7
- Vinification: French oak for 18 months (60% New)
- Winemaker: Rob Mondavi Jr
- Food Pairings: Juicy ribeye, lamb filet mignon, or any grilled fish with a char, or Lamb Shoulder Chops.
90 POINTS - WINE ENTHUSIAST
“7Cellars 2017 Elway’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley ($46) John Elway’s Reserve wines are made by Rob Mondavi Jr. This one is silky, juicy, and tangy as well as fresh, lively, and charming, with good balance, depth, and length.” - Tasting Panel, Anthony Dial Blue