- ½ oz dried porcini mushrooms
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Ribeye steaks or other similar cut
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Place dried porcini mushrooms into your food processor and grind until they are nothing but dust.
- In a small bowl combine ground porcini mushrooms with sea salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, sugar, and olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Remove steaks from the fridge. Rub mix into steaks evenly and on both sides and place in a gallon Ziplock bag. Place back in fridge and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours, overnight is preferred.
- When ready to cook, heat a seasoned cast iron or grill. Heat on a HIGH heat.
- Sear on each side for 3 min. (medium rare) to 8 min. (well done) depending on desired temperature and thickness of meat.
- Remove steaks from the heat and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes. Meat holds heat well so do not worry about them getting cold. Resting helps the juices (and flavor) to reabsorb back into the meat.
- To plate, serve over baby arugula and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Pair with 2020 The Farm Collection Cabernet Sauvignon and enjoy!