- 1 750 ml Farm Collection Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup water
- 1 whole orange
- 15 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ounce Rum or Brandy (optional)
- Using a peeler strip, extract the zest from the orange. Try to keep as much as the white pith off as possible.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange and set aside.
- In a pot, add the water and sugar and heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add orange zest/juice, cinnamon, star anise simmer for 1 minute until a light syrup forms.
- Add the Farm Collection Cabernet Sauvignon to the pot and heat until the mixture is almost simmering, about 20 minutes. Make sure to not boil or fully simmer.
- Strain out the spices and pour into mugs.
- Float a shot of Rum or Brandy on top, if desired.