Mulled Wine With Dry Cabernet Sauvignon
As I write this article we are still in the dead of winter, and what better way to warm things up then a pot of mulled wine! We’ve scoured the internet to provide you the highest and most rated, mulled wine recipe out there.
The original recipe for our mulled wine was provided by the NY times, which received 5 stars with 567 ratings, so we were sure we could trust it.
After making it ourselves, it quite possibly could be the best mulled wine we've ever had.
- 2 large oranges
- 4 ¼ cups/1 liter 7Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 ¼ cups/10 ounces brandy
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- Using a peeler, remove the peel in strips from 1 orange then juice the orange. Slice the other orange into rounds and reserve for garnish.
- In a nonreactive saucepan, combine orange peel, juice and the rest of the ingredients. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Increase the heat to high, bring mixture to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low. Simmer gently until flavors meld, about 30 minutes. Strain the mixture, discarding the solids.
- Ladle into cups or mugs. Garnish each with a reserved orange round.
Leave a comment