- 2 lb Prime Tenderloin
- 5 oz Elway’s rub seasoning
- 1 ½ lb Brussels sprouts
- 3 strips thick cut bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ tbl chopped tarragon
- 12 tbl melted butter
- 2 egg yolk
- 2 ounce white vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- Salt to taste
- Elway's Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- In sauce pan on medium heat, add vinegar and peppercorns and simmer until only a few tablespoons are left. Pull off the heat and let cool.
- In another sauce pan, add about an inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Strain the vinegar liquid into a metal bowl. Add egg yolks and a tablespoon of water to vinegar bowl. Turn the pot of water down to the lowest setting.
- Place the vinegar bowl on top of the sauce pot of water ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- With a whisk, froth the egg yolk and vinegar until it doubles in volume.
- Add butter 2 tablespoons at a time consistently whisking.
- Pull off heat halfway through, and after 30 seconds place back on heat.
- Once all butter is emulsified add chopped tarragon and salt to taste.
- Cut the tenderloin into 4 equal steaks or 8-ounce portions, and pre-heat grill on high.
- Snip the bottoms of the Brussel sprouts and cut into quarters.
- Thoroughly season steaks with Elway’s seasoning.
- Grill steaks to almost desired temperature, then set to the side to rest.
- In a saute pan, heat on high and add 1 ounce oil.
- Brown the bacon then add onion and Brussels sprouts. Once Brussels are browned, season with salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Place steaks back on the grill and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Spoon Brussels sprouts on plate and place steak on top of Brussel sprouts, then top with bearnaise sauce.
Enjoy this dish with a large pour of Elway's Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon!