Grab the ingredients for Cod Fish n Chips from Dream Dinners here
Thaw in refrigerator.
*Prepare Salt and Pepper Fries per the cooking instructions.*
- Add about 1 inch of oil (preferably vegetable oil) to a medium sauce pot and preheat for 5 min. Heat oil to about 350°F. NOTE: oil should not be smoking.
- Meanwhile, combine contents of wet and dry batter bags in medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine. If needed, add 1 Tbsp. of water at a time until the mixture has the consistency of cake batter.
- Pat cod fillets dry with paper towel. Slice each fillet into 2 strips.
- Once oil has come to temperature, dip cod strip into batter, covering completely. Allow excess batter to drip off.
- Immediately pan fry 3 pieces of battered cod at a time, cook for 2-3 min. per side or until completely golden brown and crispy. Place cooked fish on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Massage bag of tartar sauce to combine and serve immediately with fish and chips.
Pair with 2020 The Farm Collection Chardonnay and enjoy!